By William Shakespeare, Lewis Theobald
* illustrated with hundreds and hundreds of lovely pictures on the subject of Shakespeare’s lifestyles, destinations and works
* annotated with concise introductions to the performs and different works
* photographs of the way the performs first seemed in print, giving your Kindle a flavor of the Elizabethan texts
* ALL 38 performs and every with their very own contents desk – navigate simply among acts and scenes – locate that detailed citation quickly!
* even comprises 17 apocryphal performs, with mysterious works resembling THE beginning OF MERLIN and VORTIGERN AND ROWENA, to be had nowhere else
* includes a specified misplaced performs part, with concise info on Shakespeare’s misplaced works
* contains the specific bonus play of DOUBLE FALSEHOOD, which the critic Lewis Theobald claimed was once Shakespeare’s misplaced play in 1727. make a decision for your self – may perhaps this rather be the lengthy misplaced CARDENIO?
* all of the sonnets and different poetry, with very good formatting of their personal precise contents desk – locate that unique sonnet fast and easily!
* even contains apocryphal poems on hand nowhere else, provided with short introductions
* exact BONUS textual content of Charles and Mary Lamb’s diversifications for kids, with their unique Victorian artwork
* EVEN incorporates a exact assets part – spend hours exploring infrequent medieval texts that formed Shakespeare’s maximum works. E.g. Thomas Kyd’s play that inspired HAMLET, Holinshed’s Chronicles that encouraged background performs and the good MACBETH and plenty of more!
* Geoffrey Chaucer’s vintage works that encouraged TROILUS AND CRESSIDA and NOBLE KINSMEN
* boasts at least five biographies – discover the bard’s mysterious existence from a number of resources throughout history
* the distinctive literary feedback part boasts eleven works by way of writers as diverse as Samuel Johnson, Coleridge, Pope, Bernard Shaw and Tolstoy
* scholarly ordering of texts into chronological order and literary genres
* a entrance grasp desk of contents, permitting effortless navigation round Shakespeare’s oeuvre
* up to date with a distinct 'Glossary of Elizabethan Language', with a view to relief your comprehension of adverse phrases and phrases
* up-to-date with enhanced formatting of the performs, in line with customers' feedback
Finally, the world’s maximum author gets the scholarly Delphi remedy. after all, there are numerous Shakespeare collections to be had at the Kindle, that's why we've made this variation, like every our different titles, the main finished and scholarly works on hand, with better formatting. This impressive booklet deals each Shakespearean play, poem, apocryphal paintings and lots more and plenty, even more! you can now really personal all of Shakespeare’s works and a wealth of BONUS fabric in your Kindle, and multi function well-organised file.
This booklet is kind of easily beautiful and merits a spot within the electronic library of all fans of literature.
Please stopover at www.delphiclassics.com to determine an entire checklist and read our different titles
ALL 38 PLAYS
The misplaced Plays
with details and DOUBLE FALSEHOOD
LIST OF THE PLAYS’ SOURCES
The Apocryphal Plays
THE start OF MERLIN
VORTIGERN AND ROWENA and plenty of more!
TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE by means of CHARLES AND MARY LAMB
VENUS AND ADONIS and more
The Apocryphal Poetry
TO THE QUEEN and more!
PREFACE TO SHAKESPEARE AND NOTES ON PLAY by way of SAMUEL JOHNSON
ON SHAKESPEARE by means of LEO TOLSTOY
EXTRACTS FROM WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE via VICTOR HUGO
SHAKESPEARE'S angle towards THE operating sessions via ERNEST CROSBY
A LETTER through GEORGE BERNARD SHAW
and many more!
SOME ACCOUNT OF THE lifetime of MR. WILLIAM SHAKESPEAR via NICHOLAS ROWE
SHAKESPEARE: HIS lifestyles, artwork, AND CHARACTERS through HENRY NORMAN HUDSON
LIFE OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE via SIR SIDNEY LEE
SHAKESPEARE'S misplaced YEARS IN LONDON by means of ARTHUR ACHESON
THE humans FOR WHOM SHAKESPEARE WROTE by means of CHARLES DUDLEY WARNER
Shakespeare’s final Will and Testament
Glossary of Elizabethan Language